17 October 2008

HSSP early snowfall, part 2

On Saturday of this past week, I returned to Hot Springs State Park (HSSP) to photograph the continuing snowfall.

My wife likes this first shot even though I am hesitant to include it. It's one of those artsy-fartsy shots I sometimes take. It was created by using a flash to bounce off of the falling snowflakes.



The rising heat from the water melted the snow between the slats on the boardwalk.


The two shots below were taken from the bridge.








The heavy, wet snow on trees that have yet to lose their leaves caused many branches to break (below).


The next three photographs are of Star Plunge which is open year-round.




Later in the day, my wife and I enjoyed the outside pool of the Bath House (below). With the water temperature at 104 degrees Fahrenheit and the air below freezing, it is a great experience!

No comments: